To be considered a candidate for the National Honor Society at Colfax High School, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Upon completion of the first semester of their Sophomore year, a student’s cumulative grade point average must be a 9.25 (B+) or higher.
- This grade point average must be maintained to remain a member.
- A student who meets the grade point requirement will then be required to fill out an Information Packet. This packet will be reviewed by the NHS advisors and successful candidates will be inducted during a banquet during second semester.
- Once inducted, a member must complete 3 hours of community service each quarter.
- In addition, a student’s character will be part of maintaining membership.
- A member also will be encouraged to develop strong leadership qualities while attending Colfax High School.